The Great Security Debate rolls on, this week looking at how governments, regulations and business values are and will shape the security posture of enterprises.
- Is attribution worth pursuing to the end?
- How can state and federal law enforcement help figure out who and what happened after an incident?
- Fast (agile) vs good (quality) vs cheap (cost)
- Are you chasing the right metrics in your organisation? Do they encourage the right behaviour?
- Is regulation required to make good security a greater market force?
- What will the regulations emerging in the US focus on? The “what”, the “why”, the “how”, or the “who”? How will they change when and how companies report material breaches?
- How does attribution of attack correlate to insurance coverage? How do IR firms fit into the equation?
Erik, Dan and Brian also announce that the podcast is going LIVE and On the road. On May 5, Great Security Debate will be recording a live episode at the MCWT Executive Connection Summit in Novi, Michigan! More info and registration details are at https://mcwt.wildapricot.org/event-4630370. Ticket sales begin on 18 April 2022.
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://bit.ly/gsdyoutube and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
Some of the links in the show notes contain affiliate links that may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using these links. Using these links supports The Great Security Debate, so we appreciate it when you do use them. We do not make our recommendations based on the availabliity or benefits from these affiliate links.
Thanks for listening!
- Homepage | CISA
- SEC.gov | SEC Proposes Rules on Cybersecurity Risk Management, Strategy, Governance, and Incident Disclosure by Public Companies
- Senate passes cybersecurity bill amid fears of Russian cyberattacks | The Hill
- Cutting Edge Cybersecurity Event Experience - FutureCon Events
- Court denies SolarWinds bid to throw out breach lawsuit
- About the Data Management & Sharing Policies | Data Sharing
- MCWT Foundation - Executive Connection Summit
- Forrester's 2022 Top Recommendations For Your Security Program
- Buffalo Wild Wings Partners With MGM, Will Encourage Sports Betting in Restaurants | The Action Network
- Data Management and Sharing Policy | Data Sharing
- The Great Security Debate Episode 20: It All Comes Down to Relationships (Guest Debater: Jessica Burn)