Security has truly gone mainstream. From late night television jokes to state governors not knowing how technology works, as a profession and a vocation, we have arrived.
- Jimmy Fallon has jokes about security on his show
- What are the implications of out of date security laws that define what it is to “hack” systems? Keep in mind that some were written as much as 30+ years ago!
- Is it security’s job to know all the tools in place? Or the business to approach security to help make their tools secure?
- Is viewing publicly available information or information pushed to your browser actually hacking, or is it legal/OK?
- Creating laws that stand the test of time is hard. And subject to lots of lobbying.
- CISO Liability and visibility based on the prominence of the role. Does this lead to targeting to discredit? (think: false social media profiles and deepfakes)
- Offensive techniques and what happens when companies go offensive against attackers?
- Prevention as a growing tactic by security teams - especially when life is on the line in the products we make
- SPAM: is it food or is it email?
- When is the right time to bring security into your startup? Weaving it in when it is young!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://bit.ly/gsdyoutube and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
- Jimmy Fallon's Hilarious Cybersecurity Jokes
- SecureWorld News
- Burp Suite - Application Security Testing Software - PortSwigger
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act | JM | Department of Justice
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- UK's Computer Misuse Act to be reviewed, says Home Secretary as she condemns ransomware payoffs • The Register
- American Paul Whelan, Held In Russia On Spy Charges, Is Sentenced To 16 Years : NPR
- hiQ Labs v. LinkedIn: Is Scraping Public Data Protected Speech? - Harvard Journal of Law & Technology
- hiQ Labs v. LinkedIn on CFAA Data Scraping Litigation
- Renee Murphy | LinkedIn
- International Operation Knocks Notorious REvil Ransomware Group Offline | WIRED
- A Hospital Hit by Hackers, a Baby in Distress: The Case of the First Alleged Ransomware Death - WSJ
- The Future Of The CISO — Six Types Of Security Leaders
- Conti Statement 10.22.2021 - Pastebin.com